Indian Spices to Help You With Constipation
A healthy stomach is crucial for a healthy life. When you have constipation or indigestion, you are continuously concerned with being able to relieve yourself properly and cannot focus or function in any other way.
Chronic constipation is not just harmful to your stomach and your health; it also interferes with many of your daily activities.
So, if you are suffering from constipation and are seeking an organic and natural long-term treatment, this post is for you.
Several western drugs and alternative medications are available for constipation, but most are only effective for a limited period and cannot be used continuously.
The short-term approach of taking medicine does not address the root cause of the problem. Focusing on improving healthy digestion and body metabolism is crucial for a long-term solution to chronic constipation. Going organic and making specific dietary modifications might help you overcome constipation naturally.
What is Constipation?
Constipation is a severe condition characterised by difficult and infrequent bowel motions. Recurrent constipation is the inability to pass regular bowel motions for more than three to four days per week. Chronic constipation makes it challenging to relieve oneself regularly, leading to various health issues.
Primary Reasons Behind Constipation
1. Not Drinking Enough Water:
Dehydration is a crucial cause of constipation daily. When you do not drink enough water, your stool becomes harder due to dehydration and water absorption in the colon. This causes constipation and makes it difficult to pass the faeces.
2. Lack of Physical Activity or Sedentary Lifestyle:
Exercising your body daily is essential for good health and digestion. One of the primary causes of irregular bowel movements is a lack of physical activity in your daily routine.
3. Not Getting Enough Fibre in Their Diet:
Fibre is essential for a healthy digestive tract. A lack of fibre in the diet might result in hard stool that is difficult to pass through the anal muscles, which leads to constipation.
4. Eating Junk Food:
An unhealthy diet is another major cause of constant constipation. Replacing unhealthy junk food with wholesome Holistic homemade cuisine might be an effective treatment for constipation.
So, What is a Natural Health Cure To Relieve Constipation?
The solution is hidden beneath your kitchen cabinets. Indian food is incredibly rich in various nutrients that improve the flavour of our meal but also maintain proper gut health.
So, how do spices help with constipation relief?
The numerous health benefits of various Indian spices are widely known. From taste to health benefits, using the right spices can contribute to trouble-free digestion.
The use of various spices in your day-to-day diet has long been appreciated in Indian Ayurveda to maintain proper digestion and keep it running correctly and smoothly. Let us look at the issue of constipation and the spices that might help you get rid of it.
Which Indian spices Are The Best For Constipation?
Almost all of the spices in your kitchen can help improve your digestion and increase your health by multiple folds. When using the best Indian spices, you do not have to look very far. You can regularly use the spices in your daily curries or in the form of different recipes to see results.
Let's look at the spices that you can use:
1. Cumin powder
- Jeera, another name for cumin, is a very potent natural treatment that can aid digestion. A slow and sluggish digestive tract can be strengthened and improved by using cumin seeds, typically found in our kitchens.
- The essential ingredient in cumin is thymol which aids in stimulating the salivary glands in the mouth. As a result, salivary gland activity is elevated, helping in appropriate digestion.
- Additionally, rich in fibre, cumin seeds are naturally quite beneficial for those who suffer from constipation.
- Cumin, mainly cumin tea, helps encourage the digestive system's enzyme secretion. This natural laxative aids in the relief of persistent constipation.
- Cardamom, also known as elaichi in Indian cuisine, is another widely used spice that has been shown to improve digestion and gastrointestinal activity.
- Cardamom also promotes the excretion of gastric acids from the stomach and balancing secretion to offer relief from acidity.
- For chronic constipation, drinking cardamom tea can help ease bowel movements.
- It is also known to alleviate nausea, vomiting, and heartburn sensations, which are prevalent in conjunction with constipation.
- Cardamom, either in your diet or in the form of Cardamom tea, will keep your digestive system happy.
3. Carom seeds
- Also known as ajwain seeds in India, carom seeds contain high quantities of thymol, which is believed to improve digestion. Thymol stimulates the production of gastric juices and reduces constipation. Ajwain is often used to help newborns with digestion and stomach ache.
- Taking ajwain seeds with water in moderate amounts might help relieve stomach irritation and stimulate bowel movement.
4. Lakadong Turmeric Powder
- Lakadong turmeric powder is another popular spice that is particularly beneficial in treating constipation. Curcumin, which is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, is abundant in Lakadong turmeric.
- Turmeric combined with milk in the form of hot Haldi Doodh is believed to alleviate symptoms of severe bloating and constipation.
- To get the most out of this Lakadong turmeric, consuming only the pure form of Lakadong turmeric powder, free of any artificial additives or substances, is critical.
- Turmeric powder from Rooted Peepul is 100 per cent natural and organic, making it highly effective for treating constipation and gastrointestinal issues.
5. Cinnamon Powder
- In India, cinnamon powder is commonly referred to as dalchini. It is one of the most frequent spices used in Indian cooking and is recognised for its antifungal and antibacterial effects.
- When it comes to the therapeutic characteristics of cinnamon, it lowers the level of bad cholesterol in the blood and is also incredibly beneficial for gastrointestinal issues.
- Cinnamon is proven to boost the body's metabolism and reduce symptoms of severe gas acidity and constipation when consumed on a regular basis.
- Cinnamon powder, along with honey, can be eaten to aid with chronic constipation and improves gastrointestinal health.
Changing your lifestyle and eating holistic and organic food with perfect spice balance can be the key to a healthier digestive system in the long run.
When it comes to spices, it's important to remember that balance is everything. Spices, when consumed in the appropriate amount and manner, can prevent a variety of stomach disorders.
Remembering that ingesting pure and real spices is necessary to achieve the desired outcomes is vital. Rooted Peepul is a brand known for offering 100% natural spices which are free of adultration that are good for your health and are safe to consume as they are devoid of additives or contaminants.