Which Turmeric is Good For The Face? - A Complete Guide
People are experiencing a growing number of skin issues with ever-increasing pollution and unhealthy lifestyles. There are several creams and serums available on the market that claim to be extremely good for skin but are actually filled with a plethora of harmful chemicals.
These different chemicals can show minor benefits in the short term but have several negative effects on the skin in the long term.
So, what is the solution then?
“What is a natural, easy-to-find solution for glowing, bright skin?”
The answer can be found in your own kitchen cabinets. If you are someone who is looking for a natural long-lasting and potent solution for glowing skin, turmeric is your best friend.
Turmeric has long been utilized in several cultures around the world for its medicinal and cosmetic benefits.
But which turmeric is good for the face?
Although every variety of turmeric shows positive effects on the skin, there is one variety whose benefits are unparalleled.
Lakadong Turmeric - World's Healthiest Turmeric, is one of the most effective and potent types of turmeric which has shown immense healing and aesthetic benefits.
Let's dive more into the benefits of turmeric and ways to use turmeric in your daily routine to get glowing skin.
Scientific Reasons Why Lakadong Turmeric is Good For Skin?
The golden spice turmeric is often associated with several healing and medicinal properties. Turmeric has been revered in Indian Ayurveda and culture for hundreds of years for its skin-benefiting properties. To this day, age-old recipes for turmeric ubtans and skin care pastes are utilized to improve the radiance and texture of the skin. Our grandmothers' skins are a testimony to turmeric’s skin benefits.
But What Differentiates Turmeric?
Researchers have discovered the key to turmeric's mystical abilities after conducting several studies on its therapeutic properties.
- Turmeric's numerous properties can be attributed to curcumin, a key component present in turmeric. Curcumin is well-known for its antioxidative and anti-inflammatory qualities, which contribute to the reduction of the signs of skin ageing, damage, and inflammation.
- This curcumin component is also recognized for its wound-healing abilities, which aid in the formation of collagen in the skin.
Because of its high curcumin content, Lakadong turmeric is especially utilized in ayurvedic skin treatment. The curcumin content of regular turmeric varies between 1 and 3%, but Lakadong turmeric contains between 7% to 12% as per study.
The Lakadong turmeric powder can be used to make several turmeric face packs and ubtans to get the supple and smooth skin you seek. It is one of the best turmeric powders for the face.
4 Top Benefits of Turmeric For Face and Skin
Turmeric has several advantages for the face and skin. With frequent application and consumption, turmeric can do wonders for your skin.
Let us take a look at the top turmeric advantages that will make it a staple in your daily skincare regimen.
1. Brightening and whitening qualities for the skin:
Turmeric is regarded as one of the most significant compounds in Indian Ayurveda for skin lightening and whitening. Turmeric is well-known for its ability to reduce skin hyperpigmentation and brighten dark areas.
Curcumin's antioxidant properties aid in the restoration of the skin's natural health and radiance. In 2 to 3 weeks, frequent application of turmeric in the form of skin paste or turmeric-based skin lotion will give you that glowing and brighter complexion you dream of.
2. Turmeric for Acne Scar Treatment
Acne scars are one of the most prevalent problems that individuals experience all over the world. Acne is mostly caused by inflammation and skin irritation. According to research, using chemicals on acne might produce additional scars and pigmentation.
The use of turmeric to combat acne and acne scars is one of the safest and least hazardous methods. Turmeric contains antibacterial qualities that assist to minimize acne-causing germs and irritation.
Turmeric also aids in the reduction of acne redness and the lightening of scars.
3. Minimizing the Indications of Skin Ageing:
Premature ageing of the skin is fairly prevalent as a result of sun damage and increasing age. With age, the skin loses collagen, which can result in the development of fine lines and wrinkles. Curcumin, the main component of turmeric, aids in the prevention of ageing. The antioxidant properties of curcumin combat the production of free radicals. Turmeric can also boost collagen synthesis, which helps to improve skin suppleness and reduce fine wrinkles.
Turmeric use also gives protection against sun and UV Ray damage.
4. Reduction of Stretch Marks:
Stretch marks after pregnancy or weight reduction are notoriously tough to cure and eliminate. Most products on the market promise to reduce stretch marks but accomplish nothing.
One of the most basic ways to lessen the appearance of stretch marks and enhance skin suppleness is to use turmeric.
Turmeric can also be included in your daily diet for a bright, radiant, and healthy complexion.
The 4 Best Turmeric Face Mask Recipes
Turmeric could be used to improve your skin and health in a variety of ways. The following are some methods to include turmeric in your daily life:
- Turmeric use in your daily diet
- Turmeric application in the form of a face mask
- Using turmeric skin care products
One of turmeric's finest advantages is that it can be used with nearly any other product in your kitchen to form a natural face mask for beautiful skin. Let us have a look at the best turmeric face masks.
1. Face mask with Turmeric and Lemon
It is one of the best skin lightening face masks due to the excellent properties of turmeric and lemons. This lemon and turmeric face mask lowers oil production and skin inflammation, as well as the appearance of blackheads and whiteheads.
You will need the following ingredients to prepare a turmeric and lemon face mask:
- 1 teaspoon turmeric and a few drops of lemon juice
- Combine both ingredients to make a smooth paste and apply it to your face.
- Allow it to stay for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
- If you have sensitive skin, you may also add some curd.
2. Face Mask with Turmeric and Curd
Another popular facemask uses two basic kitchen ingredients, turmeric and curd, to achieve bright skin.
- You will need the following ingredients to produce the face mask:
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- two tablespoons curd
- a couple of splashes of lemon juice
- rose water
- Mix all of the ingredients together until they form a homogeneous paste. Make certain that no lumps are left.
- After washing your face, apply a thick layer of the face mask to your face, neck, and any other body parts.
- Allow it to settle for a few minutes before washing it off. This mask can be used once or twice a week for smooth and shining skin.
3. Face mask with Turmeric and Banana
One tablespoon of turmeric powder, a single banana a few drops of honey are required to produce the turmeric and banana face mask.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a homogeneous paste and apply to the face for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Allow it to settle for a few minutes before washing it off. Top it off with your favourite moisturizer
4. Milk and Turmeric Mask:
- Turmeric with milk is one of the greatest combinations for preventing skin damage and improving skin health; it also functions as an excellent exfoliant, removing dead and damaged skin cells.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes before rinsing.
With so many advantages to turmeric, one of your main worries may be finding the finest quality turmeric.
Rooted Peepul is recognized for producing high-quality Lakadong turmeric powder that is safe to consume and apply to your face. We exclusively sell the finest and most authentic Lakadong turmeric, at Rooted Peepul which is high in curcumin concentration.
With over ten quality inspections, you can be confident that every product we sell is genuine and devoid of adulterants or colouring agents.
We source the Lakadong Turmeric directly from the foothills of Lakadong - a small place in Meghalaya in order to provide you with 100% Natural turmeric.
It is now possible to enjoy all of the benefits of pure Lakadong turmeric in the convenience of your own home with Rooted Peepul.