Delicious and Easy Chole Masala Recipe
Chole Masala is a delicious and easy-to-make Indian dish that is perfect for any occasion. This dish is made with chickpeas, tomatoes, and a variety of spices, and can be served with rice or bread. Chole Masala is a great vegan or vegetarian option, and can also be made gluten-free.
Let's have a look at the ingredients and recipe to make chole masala.
- 2 cup chana (dried chick peas) (soaked overnight)
- 1-liter water
- Tea Bag: 1
For Making Chole/Chana Gravy
- Cooking Oil: 2 tbsp.
- Chopped Ginger: 1tbsp.
- Tomato puree: 3 tbsp.
- Green chilli: 1
- Rooted Peepul Authentic Chole Masala: 2 tbsp.
- Dry mango Powder: 1 tsp
- Black Salt: 1/2tsp
- Chopped Corriander: 1tbsp.
- Salt to taste
Prepare Chickpeas / Chana
- Rinse dried chickpeas and soak them in 1-liter water overnight or for at least 8 hours
- Drain the water and rinse them well. Pressure cook for 5-6 whistles in 1-liter water. Put a tea bag with chickpeas & salt to taste while cooking.
- Let the pressure drop. Make sure the chickpeas is tender and soft
Prepare Chole Masala
- Heat a pan/kadai and pour oil.
- Add chopped ginger and salute till golden brown.
- Add Tomato puree n cook until mushy & thick
- Add a Green chilli (slit into 2)
- Stir in rooted peepul chole masala and salute till the raw smell goes
- Add chana along with the chana stock. For smooth and thick gravy slightly crush few chana with spoon.
- Cover and simmer for 5-6 minute and then add Dry mango powder, Black Salt
- Adjust Salt to taste & season with chopped coriander
- Simmer for 3 for minute or until you get the desired consistency
- Serve hot with Roti / Rice